These are the answers for a Socktopus Secret Santa swap I am taking part in. I have volunteered to make up a sock kit for someone. Please don’t judge me too closely by my music tastes!
1. What are your favourite colours and fibres? – I lean more towards deep rich colours but especially like Purples, Greens, Browns and Pinks. I prefer natural fibres.
2. Anything that makes your toes curl? (Fibre, colour, other) – In short I don’t care for Pastels, brights such as Orange and Yellow and certainly no Acrylic.
3. Would you describe yourself as a beginner, intermediate or advanced knitter? – I would think Intermediate for Socks as they are mainly what I knit. Colourwork I am a beginner and Cables just dangerous!
4. Do you have an online wishlist? (Amazon or other) – Not a Crafty One.
5. Any new techniques you’d like to learn? – I would like to be able to Cable more successfully, so that something actually fitted at the end of it. Also have to try knitting 2 socks on one circular yet and Toe up socks with a heel flap.
6. What is your favourite:
Snack? – I am not a Sweetie so Chocolate is quite low down the list despite what entries on this blog suggest. I certainly prefer savouries like Crisps, Nuts and Olives but can be tempted by Percy Pigs or Haribo.
Book? – I read quite a variety of books but certainly not blood and Gore, Sci-Fi or Fantasy.
Music? – Very Middle of the Road Easy Listening. Sorry if this is of no use but if I tell you I have CD’s by Andrea Bocelli, Take That, Elvis, Steps, Faith Hill, Deacon Blue and Jools Holland it gives you some idea.
7. What are your favourite items to knit? – I could try and lie but I think its fairly well documented I knit Socks. No matter how hard I try I still knit socks!
8. Any patterns that are top of your queue? – Since Ravelry I have a never ending queue although what pattern is top depends on the yarn I am planning to use. I do have my eye on most of Yarnissima’s patterns.
9. Do you have any other hobbies? – I suppose Spinning is the newest but I also make cards and I love cooking when I have time.
10. Tell us about yourself. When did you first pick up your needles? Who/what encouraged you to start knitting? How would you describe your knitting style? Are you a process knitter or a product knitter, etc. – My memory doesn’t recall when I started knitting, I suspect it was at some family gathering. I am someone who likes to try things so that will have been the reason for learning to knit. I have certainly been knitting for 30+ years.
I am most likely a process knitter because I knit to try different methods regardless of whether the item is needed. Hence my huge stash of socks.